Tuesday, May 11, 2010

julie and julia inspiration

I watched Julie and Julia last night with Laura and Natalie, and Julie blogs the whole time which really sparked my interest. Julie had some issues with her blogging habits and Im not interested in having the same experience so i might not even advertise that I have this for a while. But I do think this is an interesting outlet... but I don't want to let this be a way for me only to whine and vent: which I could see happening... thus with the career path I've chosen... so I have named it counting my blessings which is what I am going to try to do more often. It used to be so much easier for me to be positive. I want that ease to look at the bright side of things to come back. So I would like this medium to encourage that. So today I feel blessed because we had the BFBBQ. that is code for Best Friend Barbeque. My friend group is awesome. I have lived with Molly Natalie and Suzanne for what feels like all of college but I guess technically three years, Laura for one of those years along with Krispi and Jess this year. They are each dating guys that I absolutely love and who all love each other. So we all love to play! Tonight we all grilled out brought sides and deserts and pigged out, watched Lost, Glee and the Braves. Tell me what could be better?!? I leave these wonderful people in a matter of days. Sometimes I worry about having a community like this again. I crave being known by a community and I have that so fully in AU. But i know the Lord is not going to abandon me the minute I move out of AU and the loving arms of the Taleeda gang. I know God will be gracious enough to bless me with other fabulous friends. but the blessings I am thankful for tonight are: Suzanne, Shane, Kristi, Payne, Natalie, Molly, Lee, Jessica, Patrick, Laura and Dev. Biscuit Hole forever!

1 comment: