Sunday, March 27, 2011

stuart little

so I have moved to Richmond.
( i wonder how many of my blogs have the words "so i moved to..." in them. )

But i have! I have moved to beautiful warm sunny lovely happy richmond.
( home of VCU who is the glorious underdog of march madness. and yes im weirdly proud of them even though i have no affiliation with the team other than sharing a city with them for two weeks. )

so needless to say. LOVING RICHMOND. The weather is warm, the city is spunky, there is a real theatre community that thrives in Richmond. I am also living with the most wonderful family on the planet ( they come in an immediate second after my own family. ) The Cushings are so so so WONDERFUL! Not only is this an amazing gift that I can live here and not pay rent but the amount of love I have recieved living here is humbling. They are such a blessing. Mrs. Gale and granny Lorma and I play more card games than you care to know. Mrs. C even watched the finale of the bachelor with me! Mr. C is keeping me straight with world affairs and march madness while simultaneously cooking the best steak I have ever had! Granny Lorma plays double solitare with me every night ( which I think she worries I am doing for her benefit but if you know me at all I am probably taking advantage of her so I can have a game buddy!) I couldnt adore the three of them anymore than I do!

I am also so stinking thankful to be working not only in the same city but the same company with one of my bfa classmates and best friends. Payne Hopton-Jones. He has been a gem showing me around the city, the ins and outs of theatre iv, introducing me to all the actors, and all the places for good eats! ( stickyrice bucket o tots.) It is so rare to get to have experienced all we did in college and then have a contract that overlaps in the real world. He has given me a sense of confidence and security in a brand new place and I love him for it! Thanks Hoj!

I also have been enjoying theatre iv a great deal. I have a fantastic director and a great cast. I think I will luck out again with a great touring cast!

Stuart the puppet makes me a little insane. We have been having a really intense love hate relationship. I love him because he lives on my arm and I am his voice, but I hate him because he is so difficult to manuever while I am also trying to sing act move do choreography and so on. But we have come to terms stuart and I. I think when we ship out on Wednesday it will be the beginning of a beautiful thing between myself and what laura williams calls my tour boyfriend.

as I said we are shipping out on Wednesday for a tour of epic proportions. We will be going to North Carolina, New York ( more than once! Could I be more excited to get to see my new york girls and my cat? nope. couldnt be.) WI, MN, IN, all over Virginia, RI, Ann Arbor ( to see my kat and my kara! ) OH, DE, NJ, MD, Aventura Fl ( yea thats almost miami haha!) and PA!
I am going to try my best to be really good about blogging about all of these places because I havent been to any of them!
So hello world! Stu's a comin!

3 comments:

  1. oh shit. come to Atl. Make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mal. so excited for you! wish richmond was close to dallas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Cal! maybe i can work out moving to dallas sometime since I seem to be living a nomad lifestyle? I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete