Wednesday, February 2, 2011

nyc pet peeves.



I know this blog is called counting your blessings but I just need to vent about a couple of things about adjusting to city life. but for the record I am happy as a clam here and dont want to be anywhere else. I have just discovered some irritations/new bumps in the road when it comes to my new home and I feel the need to brief you on them

5. THIS WEATHER IS OPPRESSIVE. seriously. I feel oppressed by this ice and slush and snow. I am a cold weather girl. I like to bundle up, I like coats, coffee ( NEW OBSSESION WOULD BE STARBUCKS CHI LATTE) scarves, gloves etc. BUT this is not just cold weather this is wind chill-make ya sick- wear 4 pairs of socks- live in your rainboots even on fancy occassions- slip on your butt b/c of the ice-dark-rainy-cold-dont go outside weather. I need to see the sun DANG IT.
(but i am thankful that i have rainboots, heat, socks and starbucks)

i took this right outside of the front door of my buidling.


4. no job= nothing to do( that doesnt cost money). pretty self explanitory. I am thankful that the reason it has been hard to find a job is bc I have to leave nyc in 6 weeks to work at Theatre IV and tour with Stuart Little. So I am thankful for savings and future employment. im going to google in a minute things to do in nyc inside and free.



3.PDA. its literally killing me bc it is only happening in really busy areas ( entrances to the subway, the middle of the street, crowded starbucks ) I realize its cold but I cannot watch more canoodling happen as I am trying to hustle past you and you are blocking the doorway of the train. MOVE FOOLS.
i took this picture at a starbucks on 42. seriously? and this was one of their milder moments.



2. grumpy new yorkers. not grumpy. just less polite. as a southerner I dont understand not smiling or speaking in an elevator, or not saying thank you, or getting legit angry that I called you maam. Thats a term of respect and endearment. Maam does not = old lady. calm down. but I am thankful for the people I have met that while they are not excessivly friendly or polite are truly helpful. the guy in my building who helped us w messed up plumbing, the woman who helped me get back on track when I got on a train that took me to queens, greeters at my church, the performing arts community ( man people who like theatre wanna be your buddy while we wait in the freezing cold to get tickets to shows )

hahaahah i think this picture is hilarious.


1. MY BIGGEST NYC ANNOYANCE IS THE WEEKEND SUBWAY SCHEDULE. o my goodness. It is the biggest pain. they come so infrequelntly, inconsistantly. Liz and Kristi are not that far from me but I usually only get to see them on the weekends because of how much they work. GOING ACROSS TOWN IS KILLING ME SOFTLY on the weekends. so dang slow. BUT i am so thankful to have two of my best friends from college here and so close! And Christina will be here tomorrow and she will be on the west side which is wonderful!

o 1 train. you are a pain.


Thanks for letting me vent. I really am loving it. I just cannot wait for SPRING!

2 comments:

  1. I second the Chi Tea Latte, try it with soy milk... even better! Miss you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow looks like enough to make me slit my wrists. I don't wanna sound like I am without a soul but I HATE SNOW!

    ReplyDelete